God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM “; and He said, “Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’ ” (Exodus 3:14)
God is who He is, and He cannot be anything less than that. There are many attributes of God that we are familiar with, but it is nice to see how Jesus affirms this statement from the Old Testament.
- “I am gentle and humble in heart, (Matthew 11:29)
- “I am there in their midst.”(Matthew 18:28)
- “I AM THE GOD OF ABRAHAM, AND THE GOD OF ISAAC, AND THE GOD OF JACOB ‘ ( Matthew 22:32)
- “I am the bread of life ; he who comes to Me will not hunger, and he who believes in Me will never thirst. (John 6:35)
- “I am the Light of the world; he who follows Me will not walk in the darkness, but will have the Light of life.” (John 8:12)
- “I am the door of the sheep. “(John 10:7)
- “I am the door ; if anyone enters through Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.” (John 10:9
- “I am the good shepherd ; the good shepherd lays down His life for the sheep.” (John 10:11)
- “I am the resurrection and the life ; he who believes in Me will live even if he dies,” (John 11:25)
- “I am the way, and the truth, and the life ; no one comes to the Father but through Me.” (John 14:6)
- “I am the vine, you are the branches ; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing .” (John 15:5)
Take comfort in who God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit are even when you don’t fully understand Him or this world. He is knowable, and trustworthy in all things.